General Terms and Conditions
please note, these Terms and Conditions apply to one-off hires of the RSL facilities, they must be agreed to, signed and returned to the club. For ongoing venue hire arrangement, or Non-Standard use of the our facilities, terms and condition will be taylored and will reflect the nature and requirements of the ongoing hire arrangement.
- An Application Form must be completed and signed. It acknowledges acceptance of the Conditions of Hire. Or please print this page and sign at the bottom and drop this into the club.
- Payment by EFT - Direct transfer or payment by MasterCard, VISA, or American Express is via our invoice system. All credit card transaction will incur a 1.75% surcharge
- A deposit/security bond is REQUIRED to hold the booking and is refundable if cancelled within 14 days of the event otherwise the deposit/security bond is forfeit.
- Cancellation within 7 days of the event will forfeit venue hire and deposit fees paid.
- Discounts may apply on request for not-for profit-organizations, to a program of events, and to members of Spotswood Kingsville RSL Sub Branch subject to conditions. If the event is a revenue raising event for your NFP commercial rates apply unless negotiated with the RSL
- The facility or specific areas can be hired to individuals or organisations for purposes compatible with the RSL constitution.
- Any part of the facilities except the bar can be hired for set days or periods of time or for one off events.
- Our venue has a number of function rooms and outdoor recreation areas. There is: foyer area, meeting room, large function room with access to food preparation area, and PA system. There is an outside BBQ area and substantial grassed area for outside games such as bocce, etc. The overall maximum capacity of the facility is 298 (HBCC plan)
- Suitable function types include performances, music, meetings, conferences, children’s birthday parties, art and craft groups, health and wellbeing activities and classes, education classes, training workshops, support and social groups, playgroups and counselling/consultation appointments.
- Disability access and facilities available including external ramp, disabled parking spaces, and accessible toilets.
- The venue is fitted with a security alarm system and CCTV. Access arrangements will be made on confirmation of the booking.
- An RSL Member or security officer will be in the building during all hiring unless other arrangements are made.
- Two parking areas are available for unrestricted parking during events.
- The facility has a BBQ and a commercial kitchen that is not currently licensed for food preparation. Pre-prepared food can be served from the kitchen but not cooked on site. External caterers can bring in prepared food and reheat.
- Streatrader registration for BBQ. Conditions apply
- The RSL discourages the use of non-reusable disposable plates and cutlery. Plates and cutlery are available and use of dishwasher available on application.
- ALL Drinks must be purchased from the RSL Bar
CONDITIONS OF HIRE - ALCOHOL
- All beverages including any alcoholic beverages and soft drinks to be consumed on the property must be purchased through the RSL liquor license. Drinks must be consumed in the prescribed areas and served according to the responsible service of alcohol standards by qualified personnel and in compliance with liquor licenses held by the club. The prescribed area is inside the building and the bricked area outside. Functions held under our Limited Liquor License may be consumed in red line area including outside areas. Prices are set by the Committee and reviewed periodically.
- All venue hirers will pay a maximum $500 bond per event with the amount scaled to type or the size event.
- Other arrangements may be negotiated for permanent or regular events.
- Bond is payable by bank transfer or Credit Card. This payment must be separate from the venue hire fee
- Money will be deducted from the bond refund to cover the cost of additional cleaning, repairs, damages, extraordinary costs (i.e. security), or if the venue is not vacated by the agreed time.
- Your legal responsibility is not limited to the Bond amount, that is, any additional expense of cleaning or damage repair in excess of the bond will be billed to the user.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKING
- A full refund of monies paid will be made for cancellations made at least 14 working days prior to the booking. If cancelled less than 14 working days’ notice is given for a cancellation, the bond be retained.
- If event is cancelled and less than 7 working days notice is given, all payments will be retained.
- Drugs, smoking cigarettes and e-cigarettes are not permitted in any part of the venue.
- Smoking is permitted in signed outside areas.
- The hirer will be responsible for ensuring that smokers clean up after themselves and dispose of cigarette waste in the proper place. Failure to do so may result in additional charges and or loss of bond.
- Children must be supervised at all times and are not permitted to use venue equipment.
- For children’s functions the RSL requires the names of responsible adults. One adult for every 10 children so they can be identified by RSL staff and security.
- The nearby playground is outside the authority of the RSL and it is recommended that children playing in the area while attending a function be supervised.
- The areas you hire must be restored to the way you found them unless specific arrangements about cleaning are made in advance. Removal of all food scraps, rubbish, and returning furniture to it’s original location. Floors must be vacuumed, and mopped if necessary. Cleaning equipment will be made available. Please return after use.
- All rubbish including glass and bottles are to be removed at the completion of the function. Rubbish is to be taken away from the venue or arrangements to be placed in RSL skip when making the booking. Failure to do so will result in automatic loss of bond.
- It is important that all groups and individuals be aware that we all have responsibilities to each other and should behave harmoniously inside the facility and in the facility’s grounds. Please consider neighbours and keep noise to a minimum. Bar staff will monitor effects of alcohol and may refuse service or request the guest to leave.
- Please report damages, faulty equipment or any other problems to staff as soon as possible. Any deliberate damage or damage caused by carelessness of users will result in loss of bond and further action may be taken where required to compensate for loss.
- Decorations can be used as long as they don’t damage the walls and are not left behind. Use “blu-tak” and never sticky tape, remove signs and balloons before you leave or you may lose your bond.
- The use of confetti, sparkles, fairy dust and smoke machines are banned throughout the building.
- Vacate time is 12.00am (Friday and Saturday nights). Ensure departure by specified time on application. Overtime will be charged against your Bond. Security will be called if there are major disturbances, this will also be charged against your Bond. Please leave the area as soon as possible in a quiet and considerate manner.
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
- All groups and individuals that hire any room or outdoor area of the venue to run a program /activity must carry Public Liability Insurance or accept liability.
- Groups and individuals that hire the venue for a party or function will only be covered by the RSL Sub Branch if an accident occurs which demonstrates the RSL Sub Branch was negligent in its responsibility to maintain the safe physical set up of the venue. The RSL Sub Branch Public Liability Insurance will not cover accidents that occur as a result of an individual’s actions. Therefore, to ensure full cover, it is recommended that the hirer take out Public Liability Insurance.
- The RSL Sub Branch’s Public Liability Insurance covers programs managed by the RSL Sub Branch.
PUBLIC LIABILITY WAIVER
- Should the Hirer decide not to take out Public Liability Insurance, the Public Liability Waiver must be signed prior to the booking. This waiver acknowledges that the occupier uses the venue at their own risk and releases the RSL Sub Branch from all claims.
- The RSL Sub Branch reserves the right to review fees for venue hire, to have discretionary powers over access and to set any special conditions it sees appropriate provided they fit within the aims and objectives of the RSL.
- Spotswood Kingsville RSL Sub Branch shall not be liable for damage to and or loss of equipment belonging to Users whilst in storage at the venue.
I, the undersigned have read and agree to comply with the Spotswood & Kingsville RSL Venue Hire Policy Terms and Condition. I confirm that the information provided is true.
Print your full name: